US special counsel Robert Mueller has ordered Germany’s Deutsche Bank to provide records of accounts held by Donald Trump, according to reports.
The revelation is being seen as an indication the former FBI chief’s investigation is directly focusing on the US president.
Mr Mueller is investigating alleged collusion between the Trump presidential campaign and Russia.
Deutsche Bank has previously rejected similar requests from Democrats.
Continue reading Trump-Russia probe: Mueller ‘demands Deutsche Bank data’
This is the biggest development in the Trump-Russia story yet.
Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn agreed to a plea deal with prosecutors in special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe. It’s the biggest development yet in the investigation into potential collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia — and the legal move that poses the most direct threat to the Trump presidency itself.
Continue reading Michael Flynn has signed a plea deal with Robert Mueller. Trump should be very worried.
- President Donald Trump has reportedly been lobbying Republican members of Congress to end their investigations of Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election.
- Trump urged Sen. Richard Burr, who chairs the Senate Intelligence Committee, to shut down the panel’s Russia inquiry.
- Trump’s lobbying resembles his moves earlier this year to get the FBI Director James Comey to close an investigation into the president’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn.
- Flynn is a central figure in special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, and is thought to be cooperating with Mueller.
Continue reading A ‘very forceful’ Trump pushed Republican congressional leaders to shut down the Russia investigation
It’s a move that could signal cooperation with special prosecutor Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian election interference.
Continue reading Flynn Breaks With Trump Team on Mueller Probe
- President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner has reportedly landed in Mueller’s crosshairs.
- Mueller’s team has begun to question witnesses about some of Kushner’s conversations and meetings with foreign leaders during the transition.
- Investigators are also homing in on Kushner’s role in pushing Trump to fire former FBI Director James Comey in May.
Continue reading Mueller is turning up the heat on Jared Kushner
President Trump appeared to tweet condolences to victims of the wrong shooting late Tuesday night, after a gunman killed four people in northern California.
A gunman opened fire on the small town of Rancho Tehama Reserve, which is about 130 miles from Sacramento, and fired off shots at four separate locations including an elementary school. At least four people were killed and 10 were injured in the attack, where the shooter appeared to target people at random, according to local authorities. The gunman was later shot dead by law enforcement.
Continue reading President Trump May Have Tweeted His Condolences to Victims of the Wrong Shooting. The Internet Was Not Amused
- The FBI is reviewing a series of wire transfers totaling more than $380,000 sent in August and September of last year by the Russian government to its embassies around the world. Most had the memo “to finance election campaign of 2016.”
- It is unclear which “election campaign” the money was for — the US campaign was in full swing, but Russia’s lower house of Parliament was also set to hold an election on September 18.
- Still, the wire transfers could shed light on a key claim made in the dossier alleging ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.
The FBI is reviewing a series of wire transfers totaling more than $380,000 sent in August and September of last year by the Russian government to its embassies around the world — most with the memo “to finance election campaign of 2016” — BuzzFeed News reported on Tuesday.
Continue reading The FBI is examining why Russia transferred nearly $400,000 to its embassies ‘to finance’ the ‘election campaign of 2016’