- The US military has barred troops in Japan from drinking alcohol or leaving their residences after a US Marine in Okinawa was accused of killing a local man in a car crash.
- The Japanese police said the Marine had three times the legal limit of alcohol in his blood at the time of the crash.
- The US has 50,000 troops in Japan, but drunken-driving incidents breed resentment among the local population.
George Soros, the billionaire investor, has denounced a campaign waged against him by the Hungarian government, accusing Viktor Orban, the prime minister, of casting him as an “external enemy” in a bid to mislead voters and cling to power.
Mr Soros, who has allocated billions of dollars to his pro-democracy and human rights foundations, told the Financial Times he had resisted responding publicly to the attacks from Mr Orban but it was time to speak out. He said he now fears for the safety of civil society groups that his foundation supports after Mr Orban said he would press the country’s spy agencies into monitoring their activities.
A Texas woman died Friday afternoon after being hit by a non-impaired driver who was taking a breathalyzer test while operating his vehicle.
Alexis Butler, 18, was backing her car out of a driveway on Nov. 10 when the passenger side of her car was hit by a pickup truck, KXAS reported.
An investigation by the Arlington Police Department didn’t find any track marks from the 31-year-old unidentified driver on the road that would indicate he tried to stop the car.
Keanu Reeves did not say Hollywood elites use the “blood of babies to get high,” despite a new report. Gossip Cop can correct this fake news story. The entire article and its supposed quotes from the actor are completely fabricated.
- Cult leader and notorious murderer Charles Manson has died, aged 83.
- A statement released by the California prison holding Manson said he died of natural causes.
- Manson had been imprisoned for more than 45 years and was the mastermind of some of the most brutal murders in US history.
A helicopter and plane have crashed mid-air in Buckinghamshire killing everyone on-board. All three people involved in the crash are feared dead following the incident, after police said that crash investigators are being sent to the scene, but the priority is being placed on saving lives. Seven fire crews have rushed to the scene following the crash, which occurred in Waddesdon.